Social Media

Cami Dress



I think this look is quite a versatile look as it can be worn for anything; an evening out for drinks, a dinner with friends, an evening with family and so much more. I think this outfit is so classy and is a picture of sophistication. It's still a girly look yet smart and it isn't at all boring, in my opinion anyway. I think sometimes the easiest way to look sophisticated is to stick to monochrome but this is a pretty colourful take on a smart look - perfect for spring! Here's what I wore...

When I first bought this jacket (it's listed as a jacket on the New Look website but I really don't think it would keep anybody warm, it's more of a cardigan in my opinion) I really liked the pattern, although it did remind me of the Spanish bullfighters heavily embroidered jackets, it was quickly lost in the midst of my wardrobe as I just wasn't sure what to wear it with! After having a well needed wardrobe clearout I hung it up to make sure I'd try to get some wear out of it.. and voila! I think it fits so beautifully with the dress.

I love this cami dress, I didn't want to get the standard black or white so when I saw this green colour I was swoon. It looks lovely on, and falls really nicely, although I must admit the fabric is quite unforgiving. When I first looked at it, it looked too short for me - as most dresses I get tend to be - but on it isn't too bad. It does however, have a slit on the side which is definitely something to bare in mind, it could lead to accidental bum-flashing haha! For a sophisticated look I added a black clutch and black court heels which smarten up any outfit. 

Accessory wise I chose to add gold jewellery. Looking over these photos I'm surprised I didn't add a necklace but the cardigan is structured in a way that the collar is very high up and so a necklace isn't really needed, but when it comes to accessories it's always up to personal preference anyway. I decided to keep it minimal with this look (for a change). 


Photos taken by Stephanie - Instagram: @stephaniehodeib.







What do you think of this look? Would you wear it out? 
Leave me any comments below :)

P.S. Nominations for the Company Style Blogger Awards are still open, if you liked this post then please nominate my blog in the 'Best fashion blog - newcomer'  category, you can do so here. Thank you <3


*

26 comments

  1. I love cami dresses! I actually bought a mint coloured one not that long ago:) I just love how floaty and summery it feels! You look fab! I really like how you've kept the colour scheme! The jacket is so beautiful, so are your accessories and of course yourself :) fab outfit! X
    |Life as a Petite|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first one believe it or not! I really like adding colour, especially now that the weather is warmer. Thank you sweetie! X

      Delete
  2. I almost bought that jacket! I love the colours and it works so well with the dress.

    I do the same, buy things that then just sit in the wardrobe forgotten about. It's definitely good to have a clear out to remind yourself what you have.

    I've never tried shoes from H&M! No idea why?!

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no way! We have similar taste then ;) I'm so awful at that, I'm trying really hard to limit what I buy but it's just way too hard, every time the seasons change I use it as an excuse to shop some more and of course my blog has meant I shop more too! there are some great finds in H&M, you should try out some of their shoes! X

      Delete
  3. In love with that jacket. Such a gorgeous outfit!!
    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I adore the print just find it a bit hard to style but I thought it went perfectly with this cute cami :) X

      Delete
  4. I really like the look :) and the earrings go great with the outfit! Maybe you should have worn the bar necklace that Steph got you?
    I would definitely wear it out but I'll need a belt >_<

    www.mariamarmite.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, photos were a bit blurry though I thought - a bit out of focus which is annoying, I need to play around with the settings to get it just right! & yeah I agree, I don't know why I didn't wear a necklace tbh, must have been in a rush :P X

      Delete
  5. I am IN LOVE with this dress,
    The colour, the fit, everything is gorgeous.
    AND it suits you SOOOOO much as well!


    Kelly from | Daydreams & Daisychains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a lovely dress! It also has such a delicate gold bar detail on the back too, it really is a lovely piece. Thank you :) X

      Delete
  6. that blazer is gorgeous! such a lovely look.

    anna at styleskittle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! I think that's the perfect category for it - I couldn't think of what to call it haha, I was like "hm.. is it a cardigan or a jacket" - I feel enlightened haha! Anyway, thank you! I'm glad you like it :) X

      Delete
  7. Thank you! I always try to blog things I'm not too sure about and then all your lovely comments reassure me that I was right to buy the jacket in the first place haha! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great post, I love the dress and the colour it really suits you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like the colour too, it's so pretty for spring/summer :) X

      Delete
  9. It's stylish and You have beautiful long legs. Even though it's a little bit too girly for me, I think it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the long legs down to being tall, let's say it's a perk of being tall! Thank you! Sometimes it's fun to try out different looks, I'm quite girly in my style though :) X

      Delete
  10. Stunning Patricia. That dress is just beyond gorgeous and looks lovely with your jacket too x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :) It's so pretty and really feminine, I finally found something to wear with the jacket haha! X

      Delete
  11. I love your outfit, the jacket and dress look so nice together! x

    http://myfashionkicks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought they made quite the cute pairing, glad you agree :) X

      Delete
  12. Such a gorgeous outfit!! So cute and stylish :) You look beautiful :)
    Lovely post!
    Ava xox
    http://xovintagewayoflifexo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :) I really like the cami dress, perfect spring time dress for me! X

      Delete
  13. Lovely jacket! Voted for you! :)
    xx
    Joelle
    xx
    FebruaryGirl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Fingers crossed for us both! X

      Delete
  14. Nice style i like it very much i love your blog. Thanks for sharing..:) Mofo Leather

    ReplyDelete